Adjunct Research Fellow
Centre for Exploration Targeting (CET)
Rebecca is a specialist in magmatic Ni-Cu-PGE deposits. A world-renowned lithogeochemist, her exploration experience covers terrane assessment, target generation and first mover exploration programs in North America, Australia, Asia, South America and Africa (Southern and West Africa).
Rebecca is currently a director of Newgenco Pty Ltd with a focus on Ni-Cu-PGE target generation in Fennoscandia and West Africa. Her other position is as a Principal Consultant with Geodiscovery Group.
Rebecca is also an Adjunct Research Fellow at the Centre for Exploration Targeting, University of Western Australia.
• Discrimination of favourable host lithologies and terrane selection and development of targeting criteria for magmatic Ni-Cu-(PGE), and reef-type and hydrothermal PGE deposits.
• Development of screening criteria to highlight residual petrogenetic indicators within mafic, intermediate and felsic igneous rocks subjected to metamorphism, deformation and alteration of varying grades.
• Regional geological compilation and database construction, manipulation and interrogation.
• Design and implementation of mapping, lithogeochemical and assay sampling programs and management of reconnaissance field programs in remote locations/countries and a variety of terrains.
- BSc (Hons): University of Tasmania (1994)
- PhD: Monash University (1999)
- Practising member (P.Geo) of the Association Professional Geoscientists of Ontario