Advanced Structural Geology
This micro-credential aims to provide professional geologists with the opportunity to build upon their existing knowledge and skills in structural geology and to be able to expand their understanding of structural analysis applied to ore deposits. It is ideal for industry geologists who are looking to develop more advanced skills of relevance to their current or future employment.
- Delivery mode: Onsite (F2F)
- Start date: October
- Duration: One week intensive followed by completion of practical work
- Effort: 75 hours
- Cost: $990 inc. GST
Presented by Nico Thebaud
Develop your knowledge of important concepts in structural geology.
Gain practical skills in structural analysis that apply these concepts to mineral deposits.
Students are able to demonstrate
- Knowledge of important concepts in structural geology directly applicable to mineral deposits, and
- Practical skills in applying these concepts to mineral deposits.
Recommended prior knowledge
Bachelor's degree in Geology or Geophysics (or equivalent) or direct work experience in relevant roles in the resources industries.
Participants will work on practical exercises and assignments.
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- Pathway to completion of a master's degree in Geoscience or Ore Deposit Geology at UWA.