China's Growth and the Future of Sino- Australia Economic relations
China's growth is slowing, but demand for renewable resources is growing. With the combination of rapid technological change and fluctuating transport cost, are our assumptions about the immediate economic future of Australia correct?
In this Public Forum, Tianqi Lithium is partnering with South West University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) and UWA to bring together panel experts from SWUFE and UWA, with expertise spanning from economics and finance to trade and resource management.
With a particular focus on WA, join our panellists as they discuss the implications and challenges of renewable resources on Australia's relationship with China.
- Mr Jiang Weiping, Founder and Chairman, Tianqi Lithium Corporation
- Mr Xie Ping, Economist and former VP, China Investment Corporation
- Professor Yang Shilei, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE)
- Dr. Scott Draper, School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, UWA
- Professor Allan Trench, Business School and School of Earth Science, UWA
- Professor Yanrui Wu, UWA Business School
- Professor Peter Robertson, UWA Business school (Moderator)
Tuesday 17 October 2017
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Forum
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Refreshments
The University Club of WA
Please register here