• Proposed that most ore deposits can be considered as forming in transient fluid-exit conduits, associated with the episodic rupture of over-pressured reservoirs at depth (Hronsky, 2011).
• Represent examples of self-organised critical systems.
Jon Hronsky, Campbell McCuaig, Jo...
3 March 2013
• Oreshoots not following kinematic model
• Vertical stockwork pipes with no bounding shear zone/fault
• Complex oreshoot networks
• Multiple hydrothermal events widely spaced in time using same pathway
• Ultrahigh grade veins
Australia often incorrectly perceived as mature – 80% of landmass under cover, nation-wide commitment and alignment of geoscience initiatives to overcome the cover challenge – turning cover into opportunity, recent exploration shows the success of such commitment in...
2 March 2013
This lecture will explore the chemical evolution of fractionally crystallising, intermittently replenished, intermittently tapped magma chambers at Moho-type pressures and shows that these processes tend to produce, after several replenishment and crystallisation cycles, except...
15 February 2013
Chemical analyses of least-altered samples of subduction-generated intrusives parental to 50 major Au deposits and 57 Au+Cu deposits of Phanerozoic age worldwide are compared with analyses of thousands of volcanic and hypabyssal igneous rocks from unmineralised Neogene- Quatern...
AGENDA - Location / Geology; Work prior to Western Areas; New Morning; Flying Fox; Spotted Quoll; New Morning ‐ Again
14 February 2013
1. What is Jacinth / Ambrosia?
2. Pre Discovery
• corporate and technical landscape
• how it happened
4. Post Discovery
• key learning on ‘successful exploration’
Michael Fechner (via Tim Craske)
Understanding the Discovery Process….
Nova is a major grassroots nickel-copper sulphide discovery – the first in what may be an entirely new unexplored district.
The University of Western Australia
And Industry Partners
© 2020. Centre for Exploration Targeting. All Rights Reserved.
SUMO Digital Agency