Historic perspective on BIF-iron models
Syngenetic, supergene, hydrothermal models
•1950’s to 2010
Mineral System Analyses
•The BIF-hosted Iron System
13 February 2013
•Reactive Transport Models
•Chromatographic reality check
•Mass balance approach
•Implications, and Conclusions
Case studies in Brazil
1. Greenstone-belt hosted (Algoma-type) BIF-related deposits
–Carajás Mineral Province: Serra Norte (N4 and N5) deposits
2. Metamorphic, basin-hosted (Lake superior-type) BIF related
Ana-Sophie Hensler, Rosaline Figu...
Carlos Rosiere, Paul Duuring, Hil...
CID Fundamentals, Chronology, Models
“My company is mainly looking for DSO, why do I need to know about anything else?”
Paul Duuring, Steffen Hagemann, T...
Structural evolution of the Mt Wall area; the importance of extensional structures for high grade hematite mineralisation
•Make a comparison between Hamersley and Yilgarn:
-Structural controls on ore
-Hypogene and supergene alteration (BIF + countryrock)
-Timing of mineralisation
Paul Duuring, Hilke Dalstra, Thom...
•Describe two case studies that demonstrate how spectral surveys have helped geologists to understand and map mineral zonation associated with iron ore (Rocklea Dome and Weld Range)
•Discuss recent and future advances in spectral studies
Paul Duuring, Maarten Haest
• Evidence that distinguishing chemical characteristics of copper ore- forming arc magmas develop during compressive orogeny
• Evidence that Cu-fertility developed at pressures near the Moho
• How Cu-fertile magmas acquire exceptional contents of H2O...
12 February 2013
The University of Western Australia
And Industry Partners
© 2019. Centre for Exploration Targeting. All Rights Reserved.
SUMO Digital Agency